Thank you to my dear friend Robin for this recipe 🙂
I plan on making a double batch next week for healthy snacking over July 4th!
Summer black bean and corn salsa
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 ears corn on the cob, kernels cut off (do not need to cook)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (leave the seeds if you like spice!)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2c red onion, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 jicama, diced (I used kohlrabi this week from our CSA share)
- Juice of 1 lime
Serve with tortilla chips.
Other recipes this week to use CSA vegetables (spinach, green onions, turnips):
- Spinach and gruyere quiche (sub green onions for shallot, I used 6 eggs, 1.5c Half & half — my pan isn’t that big!)
- Pan roasted turnips