SLP is finally out of school! We’re celebrating this week with summertime favorites. Some recipes, honestly, that are more work than I normally put in, but I want the boys to feel as excited about summer as I am 😉
- BBQ Ribs with Calico Beans, cole slaw and corn on the cob. Straight up: Ribs because they take 2 hours to cook are more work than I consider weeknight worthy. The beans are a Jennings family summer “expectation”…great for the 4th of July! **This is an extra credit for mom meal**
- Chicken enchiladas
- Burgers and leftover beans, plus orzo pasta salad. Use whatever accessories you like in the salad. It’s the base dressing that makes this salad “solid”. Of course fresh herbs! (I used basil, mint, oregano, dill, parsley, chives). I also just grab a few artichoke hearts, kalamatas and sundried tomatoes from the olive bar to make it easy to put together.
- Salad with strawberries, mint and gorgonzola. Throw together an entree salad with whatever protein you like, plus fresh berries and cheese (gorgonzola, feta, blue, goat all work. Add a raspberry or balsamic vinaigrette–easy peasy!)
- Salmon with bacon lentils and dill yogurt sauce. There used to be a recipe associated with this, but I can’t find it anymore and have adjusted it so much, I guess it’s now an original! 🙂
- Mix container of plain greek yogurt with juice from 1/2 lemon, dill, salt and pepper.
- Glaze salmon with honey, dijon mustard, crushed red pepper, thyme/dill, salt and pepper. Grill or bake skin side down (roughly 10 min @ 400 degrees).
- Boil lentils about 30 min (tender but not mushy). In separate pan, add chopped 1/2lb bacon, sautee until browned, remove all but 2tbsp fat from pan, add 2 cloves chopped garlic, 4 chopped green onions (or chives or regular onions)–watch this step, it goes fast! 30 sec–add drained lentils to bacon pan, throw in some whole grain mustard and season with salt and pepper/olive oil to moisten as needed. Add fresh herbs as you want — parsley, dill are great.