Swimming outside with my “boys of summer” is quite simply my favorite thing in the world (btw, strawberry blonde is courtesy of the pool). Our “team” has been together more than a decade now. I have been swimming in this pool for 30+ years. It’s home.
I’m struggling with the transition this year…I need to make a list of what I love about fall/winter:
- Our 20th wedding anniversary in September (double duty since its also hub’s bday 😉)
- Apple picking and apple tarts!
- Pot roast
- An excuse to carbo load, including spaghetti and meatballs
- Red wine
- A trip to somewhere fantastic (and warm)
- Harvest moon
- Those exceptional warm days that transition quickly to cool nights (no mosquitoes!)
- Cuddling up with my Kindle and cats
- Bonfires (aka melted chocolate)
- Swim season
- Hockey season
- An excuse to be obnoxious. Did I mention hockey?
I need some encouragement…please share your love of winter (and summer if you so happen to be reading this in the Southern Hemisphere! Can I come visit, please? 😇)