I have played around with ingredients and can say, yes! It’s not as good as long-simmered soups, but a healthier, fresher option than canned soup. Hub loves it as a work lunch–just add hot water (like found from the coffee maker in an office).
A variety of ingredients work and it sits well too so you can make several days’ worth at a time. Enjoy!
Instant Italian Soup (2 servings)
- 1 box Parmesan couscous (uncooked)
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2c navy beans
- 1/3c spinach or kale, chopped
- 1 chicken sundried tomato mozzarella sausage, sliced
- 1/4c matchstick carrots
- Handful small tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tbsp pesto
- Salt & pepper
Layer ingredients in 2 wide-mouth jars. Sprinkle the couscous with the parmesan seasoning packet. Top the vegs with the pesto and salt and pepper. When ready to eat, fill jar with hot water, cover and let steep for 3-5 min.