With the holidays behind us, this is the toughest part of the year living in Minnesota. Short days, cold temps and snow. Ugh.
I do what I can to cheer myself up with comfort foods like this pasta. The boys love it too.
- Freeze the bacon for about an hour, it’s easier to chop.
- Using pasta water to temper the eggs makes for a silky smooth sauce
- Adjust the dairy to your liking–skip it and use only pasta water or lower the fat with whatever you’ve got in the fridge, half & half, milk.
Bacon & Egg Pasta
- 1/2 lb bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lb pasta (spaghetti or other long noodle)
- 1/3 c cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 c pasta water
- 1 c parmesan
Cook pasta. Chop garlic. Beat egg yolks in large bowl, add cream. In saute pan, cook chopped bacon. Remove from pan. Drain all but 2 tbsp fat. Sautee garlic in bacon fat for 30 sec. Remove from heat. Use reserved pasta water to temper egg/cream mixture, using approximately 1/2-3/4c. Add pasta to sauce, toss with garlic/fat until noodles are coated with sauce. Top with cooked bacon and parmesan.