This week is a crazy week for us. Not a single weeknight for dinner together. We will all be eating on the go 😦
To keep us eating healthy vs stopping for unfulfilling junk, I prepped ahead everyone’s favorite salads on Sunday night. I simply grilled off a whole cutup chicken using the easiest ever salt n pepper chicken technique –some of it got eaten that night and others got used in salads.
- Pasta with chicken, tarragon and grapes (unique lower-fat tangy dressing: 1/2 c buttermilk, 1/2c yogurt, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1/4 c mayo, 1 tbsp tarragon, salt+pep).
- Asian sesame chicken salad (make the dressing ahead and cut up vegs)
- Egg salad for wraps (Matt’s favorite — add dill!)
- 5 bean salad (I use this recipe as the base, but add green beans, wax beans, small white beans, garbanzo and light red kidneys)
- Grilled vegetable salad (side dish for the grilled chicken the first night, great leftover!)
Fresh herbs really make these salads pop.
I am thankful too for grill night at baseball 🙂